Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Fredericksburg Big Monkey Is Now Open!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, after lo these many months...the Fredericksburg Big Monkey is now open for business! This rocks! This is totally cool! It is just REALLY darn neat! Wow!

And you know what...? I have actually made sales today! Yes, thus far (by 4:00pm) I have made about 1/50th of what our G'town store should make today (it is Wednesday, after all), but the simple fact that ANYONE has come in the door is great. Heck, I've even gotten my first subscriber. And even more than that, he is an indy afficionado, thus giving me reason to expand the types of books the store carries (and thus expose others to them). As you can imagine, I was hesitant to carry any indy books this early because I had no idea if anyone shopping at a suburban store would want to buy them. Now, I know that there is at least some market for them. Which is darn cool.

Oh, and guess what? My third sale of the day was the one that finally netted me my first actual dollar (as opposed to credit card receipt). That bad boy will be framed and on the wall by tomorrow.

So what have I done today?

Well, the first thing I did was go to the bank to get cash register...well, actually to get MORE cash for the register. Yesterday I specifically went to the bank to get money for the cash drawer, and guess what I forgot to get? $1 bills. Just the most important of the bills in the old cash drawer, that's all. *sigh* Yes, I am a professional.

So anyway, I resolved that issue by going to the bank again today and then set out to logging in the week's shipments (they came in late yesterday, so I didn't get to it last night). I now have a wide, if shallow, selection of collectible games to go along with the comics in the store. Magic, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, Heroclix, VS, are all represented on the walls now, thus filling out the place even more.

Then a few customers came in and out, each actually BUYING something, so God bless 'em!

Oh well, I guess I'm off to attack the online store. I've got several orders to process and I want to get the inventory back up again.

So if you are in the area of Fredericksburg, VA, and want to see the place, please feel free to swing by and say, "Hi!" You can find us at 10667 Spotsylvania Avenue.

Did I mention that I am in a pretty great state of mind right now? Well I am. It's a good day to be me.

6 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger gabe said...

Hey Jack, nice to meet you today. Cool store, I'll definitely be back. I'll be another of your indie customers - I have a feeling the one you mention in your blog post is a friend of mine.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to be able to host tournaments for Magic and stuff?

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger JackM said...

We are going to be hosting tournaments, but not immediately. We will begin looking into doing that after the first of the year. Which means we would likely start hosting them probably in early spring.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

<< Home